Property management systems play a determining factor in the success of the hotel’s business strategy. Understanding the advantages and limitations of the solutions you use is how you know you’re getting the best use of what you’re paying for. But times change and the need to improve on the old becomes more pressing as software companies begin to take leaps into the future of integrated software solutions.
PMS is a Key Component of Hotel System Integration
If you’ve been in the hospitality business for a while you either already possess or have at least tested out some form of property management solution (companies such as Clock Software offer free trials of their services) which has given you an understanding of what you might expect.
If you’re already using such solutions you’ve probably noticed the discrepancies which occur from using more than one solution, often from different companies. The cause for these discrepancies is the fact that your solutions don’t talk to each other, they don’t exchange the information that is required, meaning that they need to be constantly managed and supervised in order to make sure that you're not listing rooms with conflicting rates or that you haven’t lost the information of a valued customer.
You may have come to terms with these quirks, you might have even found a way around them, but the reality of the situation is that you are devaluing the work of your own employees, having them constantly keep track of everything that could go wrong with your systems, instead of simply switching to a newer all-in-one solution. And here is where you might recoil at the idea, you may think that a cloud-native property management solution wouldn’t change much and it would only mean that you’ll need to study the new system and learn how to get around its flaws, but that’s not the case.
Over the last few years, companies have been working towards creating integrated property management systems which eliminate completely many of the issues which you dance around every day. Here’s how they do it better:
- One of the central issues of sticking to a more traditional system is the safety of the information you gather. Both you and your clients rely heavily on the security measures in place which is why you should consider a cloud-based property management system, one of the smartest ways of storing your business’ data, as it minimises the chances of theft or displacement.
- The Modern Version of PMS
- Using cloud-based hotel management software takes maintenance out of the picture as well. You’ll no longer need to re-install or debug an outdated program since all necessary upkeep is done by the company and you’re free to use the software at your leisure.
- If you’re using solutions from more than one company a recurring issue you might face would be the diverging standards set by the different solutions. You have probably invested more effort than needed trying to figure out how to make your systems work together which is why it’s best to have an all-in-one solution, an integrated hotel software where you can choose which features you’d like to use but at the same time have the option to upgrade should your business’s needs change.
- Integration Between Cloud-based and On-Premises Systems
- Having an integrated property management system means that your client’s data is stored together, so if your client has a change of heart and decided to either upgrade to a better room or completely cancel their reservation, this information is automatically processed by your channel manager , meaning that the room that has become vacant will be automatically made available on every OTA listing you have with an up-to-date rate, all without the need for additional interference on your part.
- Your ability to stay in tune with the technological demand of the times is undoubtedly going to help you when appealing to the largest demographic there is: Мillennials.
Millennials Are Your Future Guests
These are the guests who will seek out every opportunity to travel and be somewhere new and exciting. They will also look for the fastest and most efficient way to book their experience. Greeting them with the best hospitality solutions available is bound to make the right impression. If this sounds like it would mean investing too many funds into a complicated marketing scheme, it’s not.
- Personalised Experiences
- We’re talking about meeting millennials needs in a way which is the most familiar and intuitive to them. Consider adding a hotel self-service app to your solutions basket. It would allow the guest to manage their own booking experience, they might wish to choose a room or upgrade to a better one, or they might need to arrange a transfer to your hotel.
- They could also register and check in using the app, and if they felt like it even order room service or book a spa session. In short, your self-service app allows your guests to feel like they’re receiving a completely personalised travelling experience, which will undoubtedly make them consider returning.
- Extended Customer Service
- Integrated software solutions such as the Clock PMS suite have opened brand new doors to approaching customer loyalty. You can now use the information that the customer feeds into your system to create an appropriate guest portfolio, aiding you in both understanding guest demand as well as aiding your staff in creating the right experience for the right guest . It can be anything from a quick weekend getaway to a conference, or a wedding - having all the necessary information at your fingertips at an instant will change forever how you and your customers interact.
You may also find interesting:5 Significant Ways to Increase Direct Bookings
Hotel Tech Trends: 5 Tips That Will Make Your Hotel Stand Out
Why an All-in-One Solution is the Advantage Your Hotel Needs
About Clock Software
Clock Software is a global provider of cloud-based property management systems (PMS), integrated online distribution, online & kiosk hotel self check-in solutions and mobile & in-room guest engagement systems with customers in more than 65 countries.