We have added an option for your guests to finish their bookings in your web reservation system on their own.
This is done on the basis of the booking enquiry replies you have sent.
With this feature, you make the booking process easier and more convenient for your customers.
Now they can book 24/7 regardless of the work time of your call centre.
This way the booking enquiries resulting in bookings and the conversion rate will increase.
In addition, the new Waiting List option is another tool for boosting your sales through active interaction with potential guests.
We have also connected the booking enquiries to guest profiles to give you all the necessary profile information in one place.
How it works
- When preparing your reply to a guest's booking enquiry with the desired periods of stay, room types and rates, you can include several different products. This way the guest has options to choose from, e.g. refundable and prepaid rates, with or without supper, etc. Also, if you wish, you can fix the prices in your offer, so that they stay the same for the guest, even in the event of changes to the rate.
- You email your reply to the guest's booking enquiry.
- After viewing your products and taking a booking decision, the guest can use the "Click here to create your booking" link in your email and make a booking.
The offer opens in a browser. Clock PMS makes a few checks and highlights lines of the offer, if they contain:
- Changed prices. If the price you have offered the guest has meanwhile changed, the system notifies the guest and highlights the line with the change.
- Please note that when creating your offer, you can fix the price, so that it stays unaffected by changes to the rates.
- No longer available rooms. If the available rooms have meanwhile been sold or the products have been stopped from sale, the respective lines will be highlighted, and the guest will receive a notification that unfortunately these rooms or products cannot be booked.
- The guest chooses which rooms from the offer to book and clicks the Next button. Please note that this way the WRS will allow a booking to be made with a rate, which may not have been included in the WRS. In other words, using booking enquiry replies, you can offer your guests special rates, which are not normally shown in your WRS.
- The system brings the guest to the third page of your WRS with the chosen rooms and guest details shown. Here rooms can be removed or added.
The guest chooses a booking guarantee method and finishes the booking process accordingly. Even thus created, the bookings are the same as all of the rest bookings, and guests receive a confirmation email and link to the Self Service Portal.
- Please note that the guarantee methods are connected to another change we have made to the WRS: "Booking products with different guarantee polices". See the description of this change below.
How it is set up
- The feature does not need setup. If your WRS is active, the link to it is automatically included in the booking enquiry reply.
- If you use a custom booking enquiry template, add the link to your template. To create the link, use the "WRS link for booking creation" parameter: . Example: Click Here
- Booking enquiry search. The new booking enquiry search gives you an easy and quick way to find a specific booking enquiry, as well as view multiple booking enquiries meeting certain criteria. Use the new feature to search by: arrival date or in hotel bookings; Waiting List; booking enquiry number; guest contact info. There is also a booking enquiry status filter (see below). To use the new search option, go to Bookings – Booking Enquiry Search.
- Waiting List. We have added a new checkbox to the Booking Enquiry data edit screen - Waiting List. Use it to highlight certain enquiries. Then you can easily find them using a combination of the other filters or not with the enquiry search.
- Booking enquiry status. We have added a status to booking enquiries to make their search and management easier. All valid booking enquiries where a guest is yet to make a booking are active. All booking enquiries where a guest has made a booking become "Closed". Cancelled – these are the enquiries guests have cancelled and you have marked as invalid ones.
- Connection to profiles. When you create a new booking enquiry reply, you can search among the existing profiles, as well as in the bookings. Apart from completing guest's details faster, you will be able to view their profile history. This helps you decide on the prices to offer. We have also added links to all of the guest's booking enquiries .
- Quick price fixing. When editing the lines of a booking enquiry reply, use the newly added buttons (->) to fix the price for a specific line or for all the lines simultaneously, if needed.
If you like the improvements, we'll appreciate it if you take a minute to leave a short review here.
Advanced Payment Processing Integration
We are introducing a new approach to online and card-present payment operations.
We are turning to a new innovative model of credit card operations, which we believe does away with a number of the shortcomings of the traditional method, namely:
- High risk of fraud and resulting costs.
- Complicated, expensive to conform to and unclear PCI DSS requirements.
- Inconvenient second, third, etc. operations with the same credit card.
- Duplications in blocked amounts.
- Errors resulting in unhappy clients and missed revenue opportunities.
Main principles and functions of the Advanced Payment Processing Integration:
- The credit card is only REQUIRED ONCE - on booking through the WRS, on guaranteeing through the hotel app (the digital guest portal), or on import from the Channel manager. Once the card details are in the system, clients don’t even need to present their card physically.
- The credit card details are TOKENIZED as early as possible. The tokenization uses reliable secure technology so that no person has access to sensitive information, like credit card numbers or CSV codes. Not hotel staff, not even the system itself. The credit card details are safely tokenized in the secure environment of the payment provider and cannot be abused in any way. With this approach the hotel only needs to meet the lowest PCI DSS requirements, i.e. SAQ A.
- The tokenization includes an actual transaction to CHECK THE VALIDITY of the credit card. Fake, stolen, expired, ‘Do not Honor’ cards or cards invalid in any other way are automatically rejected. Additionally, you can use any other risk management mechanism - CSV check, address verification, filtering by IP and country, etc.
- Tokenized cards can be used multiple times but only for payments for that specific guest at that specific hotel. This allows for secure ONE-CLICK PAYMENTS at Reception (check-in, during stay, on and after checkout) as well as by guests themselves ( digital guest portal, kiosk).
- Tokenized cards are also convenient for PRE-AUTHORIZATION where one click guarantees the payment. Again, with just one click you can CAPTURE part of or the entire pre-authorized amount.
- Payments initiated in the system will automatically ADD PAYMENT TO THE FOLIO of the guest. This eliminates errors and mismatching between the actual payments, the information in the folio, and the financial reports.
- Based on the tokenized card, you can also initiate REFUNDS from the system. The only thing you have to do is specify the refunded amount.
- The credit card payments interface to the POINT OF SALE TERMINAL eliminates the double entering of the payment amount. The amount can be entered manually, of course, but normally it is defined by the charges on the folio. Payments made through the POS terminal are automatically added to the folio. Clients are served faster and without mistakes.
- An interface between Clock POS and point of sale terminal will also be released soon to facilitate payments in the busy restaurant environment.
* A RoomCloud interface for importing credit cards from the Channel manager will be released soon.
How guests use it
- Web Reservation System. When guests complete their booking in the WRS, they input their credit card details. If the validity check confirms the card is good, the booking is guaranteed and the card is tokenized. This may include deposit payment or not.
- OTA bookings. If an OTA sends credit card details, the card is tokenized. If for some reason the card is rejected, the system creates a ToDo task. Then you can use the automated Guest mailer to send a message to the guest and request another credit card. Clients can use the hotel app (the guest self service portal) to guarantee their booking with another credit card.
- Offline bookings. Guests use the digital portal to guarantee the bookings they have made offline. Again, beside the validity check and the tokenization, this may or may not include a deposit payment.
- Kiosk - self check-in. In cases of unassisted check-in, the tokenized credit card allows guests to pay with one click. If the card has not been tokenized yet, they enter its details, pay, and have it tokenized.
- Assisted mobile check-in. If you are meeting guests with a tablet, you can do everything that can be done at the kiosk.
- Self checkout. Guests check out on their own or pay their bills in the digital guest portal while still at the hotel. Paying with a tokenized card takes one click. If they haven’t used their card so far, they can enter its details at this point.
How the hotel uses it
Tokenized cards can be found in section Credit Card of their respective bookings. There you can also:
- Add a card if you have received its details over the phone, for example. Click button ‘Operations’ - 'Save Credit Card (Tokenization)'.
- Pre-authorize amounts on the credit card: 'Operations' - 'Preauthorize (Authorization Hold)'.
- Capture the full or part of the pre-authorized amount: 'Operations' - 'Capture prior preauthorization'.
- Cancel the existing pre-authorization and release the funds on the client credit card: 'Operations' - Cancel prior preauthorization'
To preview the bookings for a certain period and find those with or without pre-authorization:
- Open the Booking Pre-Authorizations report in section Bookings of menu Reports.
- Use filters Arrival in the period, Guarantee and Pre-authorization to find the bookings you need.
- Check the bookings without tokenized cards or pre-authorizations. Open each of them to pre-authorize amounts or contact the guests for another card.
To make a payment:
- Open the payment recipient folio and click Credit Card.
- The default amount is the folio balance. Change it if necessary.
- If there are tokenized cards for this folio, click the button of the card that will be used for this payment.
- If there are no tokenized cards, enter a credit card details in the fields. This will initialize payment AND tokenization.
- Open the folio where the payment is. Click Refund in the Credit Card dropdown menu.
- Specify the refunded amount and select the payment and the credit card the refund affects.
To make a card-present payment on a credit card terminal:
- Open the payment recipient folio and click button Terminal.
- Enter the amount. The first time you perform the operation you will need to select the terminal as well.
- Follow the instructions. Depending on your account settings, you may see and possibly have to confirm the client signature.
Setting it up
In your Adyen account:
- Set "Standard Notification" (also for your online payments account and for your POS terminal if you have one). You will need the "Standard notification url", which is found in Clock PMS - Settings - Adyen (Integrated Payments). See §2 to §6 in the help article (https://www.clock-software.com/support-center/pms-web-reservation-system/adyen-setup).
Set "Capture Delay" to "Manual" if you are going to use pre-authorization. Find the setting in your Adyen account - Settings - Merchant Settings.
- The POS terminal interface does not currently support pre-authorization. Please enable this option for your online payments accounts only!
In Clock PMS (Internet payments)
- Go to Clock PMS - Settings - Adyen (Integrated Payments).
- Fill in fields Account code, API username and API password with the details from your Adyen account.
- Fill in CSE library URL. It can be found in your Adyen account - Settings - Users. Select 'System' from the menu in the top right in the user table. Select the user created for API payments ( ws...@.... ). In the 'Easy Encryption' section, copy the content of field 'Library location'. Contact Adyen support for more information.
- Select the currency that is going to be used for the amounts sent to Adyen.
- Select ‘Address verification required (AVS)’ if you use Adyen address verification. The address fields will be added to the credit card form your clients fill.
- Select services (Authorize and Capture (Payment), Tokenize (Save Card) Only, Authorize, Capture (Payment) and Tokenize (Save Card), Authorize Only (Pre-Authorization), Refund) to activate them.
In Clock PMS (Point-of-sale terminal)
- This interface requires ClockIoT Device installed in the same network as the POS terminals.
- Select Clock PMS - Settings - Adyen (POS Terminal)
- Fill in Merchant Account, User Name, Password from your Adyen account.
- Select the currency in which the amounts will be sent to the terminal.
- In section 'POS Terminals' add the POS terminals you are going to be using. Give a name to each (e.g. Reception1) and IP address.
Each terminal has an additional setting, 'Signature Autoconfirm'. It defines whether you will be required to confirm the client signature for each transaction. Select the option you need.
- If the setting is disabled, the signature will be displayed in Clock PMS and you will be required to confirm it after comparing it to the on the card. If the signature is not confirmed, the transaction fails.
- If the setting is enabled, the signature will be displayed in Clock PMS, but you will not be required to do anything. The system will confirm it automatically and the transaction will proceed.