We have added an interface to link our integrated channel manager to a new connectivity partner – RoomCloud. This is the newer version of the ParityRate interface. The RoomCloud functionality and organisation resembles the one of ParityRate.
Here are the improvements and changes introduced with the RoomCloud interface:
- RoomCloud has a slightly more different product organisation. There are room types (corresponding to the hotel room types) and Rates (as a single rate can be used with different room types).
- Example of room types: DBL, DBL-LUX, APP.
- Rate example: 2-ADULTS. In this case the 2-ADULTS rate can be used with all three room types, as the price will be different for every room type.
- Price examples: DBL/2-ADULTS = 90 EUR, DBL-LUX/2-ADULTS = 110 EUR, APP/2-ADULTS = 150 EUR.
In Clock PMS, you need the following mappings:
- Room Types. We support 'Room Type' mapping, where 1 room type of RoomCloud is mapped to 1 room type of Clock PMS. Two or more room types of RoomCloud can be mapped to 1 room type of Clock PMS. In other words, the same available rooms coming from Clock PMS can be sold under different room types in RoomCloud. For each line of the mapping, max room restricts the number of available rooms to be sent (channel width).
The combination of room type and rate of RoomCloud is mapped to one Clock PMS rate. Two or more RoomCloud products can be mapped to one and the same Clock PMS rate. And these products will be sent with the same array of prices and available room types.
- Rate - export disabled. A new option is the temporary stop of the export of a certain product. By clicking the 'Export disabled' checkbox in the mapping rate lines, you can temporary disable and then re-enable the export of a certain product.
OTA channels can be mapped to companies. Similarly to ParityRate, you can map them to an event and manage block pickups.
- Transfer charges to company. We have added a new setting to the company mapping. Use it for the setup of the automatic transfer of guests' charges to a company folio for certain companies. This option can only be used when creating a booking and resembles the function of the 'Transfer room charges to Company/Event' checkbox in a booking.
Other improvements and changes
Automatic charging of extra services.
All extra services, selected in the channels and present in the XMLs of bookings, are now automatically charged to guests' folios. The supported charging modes in RoomCloud are:
- Daily – one charge for each day of a stay – with the submitted quantity for each day.
- By Person – one charge with a quantity depending on the number of guests.
- By Number – one charge with the submitted quantity
- The revenue group of these charges is 'Other'.
- To-Do for prepaid bookings. For bookings tagged as prepaid by the connectivity partner, we have created a special To-Do for the hotel staff to handle them appropriately.
- An option for mixed sales of room types and rooms. Up till now you could only map and sell one of these two in ParityRate – either room types or rooms.
Improved logs of exports and errors.
We have developed a new log of exports for the easier tracking of export problems and the reasons for them.
- Flexible search. Now you can also search by 'Affected date', i.e. the date for which you need the price and the availability. There are also additional filters for RoomCloud codes of a room type and rate, as well as for Clock PMS codes of a room type / room.
- Due to the large amount of data in the log, we have set the following restrictions:
- Products. We support a log of all products, as for each one:
- Dates. We support a log by 'Affected date' - 360 days in the future and 30 days in the past.
- For each 'Affected date', we keep the last 10 real changes. Changes are tracked only if something is actually changed. If a message is sent, being the same as the previous one, it is not recorded as a change and is only counted.
- Errors. The detailed descriptions of the received errors from channels are stored for a period of 30 days.