The eMenu is a new module to Clock POS through which every tablet can be turned into an electronic menu to be handed to the clients of a restaurant.
- High Quality Photos of Meals. For each meal, a high quality photo can be loaded to present it to a restaurant client. When a high resolution tablet is used, a client can see a brighter, high contrast and more attractive photo of a meal in comparison to any standard printed menu. It is a fact that the presentation of meals through the use of professional and high quality photos increases sales and turnovers.
- Own Branding. Make your own first page (cover page) of the menu, welcoming your clients. The easy change of images on the first page enables you to use them for promotion and advertising purposes.
- Use of Your Existing Menu. It is not necessary to enter your menu all over again. The eMenu uses an already created menu and prices, preventing any mistakes due to duplicated information.
- Description and Commercial Name of Each Meal. Provide a description for any meal – combine a meal's commercial description with its ingredients. For greater convenience, you can use the abbreviated names of your menu items in your POS and set their full commercial names to appear on the eMenu only.
- Happy Hours. As the eMenu uses the same POS menu, each change to the price will also be reflected on the eMenu immediately. Depending on the active promotions, prices change in real time and are always kept up-to-date.
- Choice of Menu Items and Order. Clients themselves can place their orders and instantly send them to the kitchen. This increases the speed of service, as it is no longer necessary for clients to wait for a waiter to take their order.
- Printing and Kitchen Monitor. The orders placed through the eMenu are printed on the kitchen printers and appear on the kitchen monitor immediately.
- Perfect Integration with POS. All orders placed through the eMenu are visible in the POS, as it is even possible for a waiter (from the POS) and a client (from the eMenu) to simultaneously operate in a bill. From the POS, you can also perform more specific operations: voiding, bill splitting, table change, etc..
- Charge Transfer to Hotel or Payment. In the closing of bills done by a waiter (POS), all functions related to charge transfers and payments can be used.
- Add-On. In order to use the eMenu, its add-on is to be updated. You need to get in touch with Clock to activate the add-on.
- Menu Items and Menu Groups. The eMenu uses already set menu items, as well as their prices and menu groups.
Commercial Names of Menu Items and Menu Groups. If you wish to change the names of certain menu items and groups, so that they are clearer to your clients:
- Go to 'Management' - 'Languages and Texts'.
- Note: The eMenu uses the language set to be the default one.
- Find the default language (if there are no languages – create a new one).
- In order to change the names of menu items sold, as well as their descriptions, choose 'Charge Template Description/Translation'
- In order to change the names of menu groups, select 'Menu Group Description/Translation'
- Cover Page Image. In order to load an image for the cover page: Go to 'Management' - 'Account info' - 'Self Service Image'
- In order to load an image for each menu item: 'Management' - 'Menu Items' - Find an Item - 'Open' - 'Add image'
Before handing a tablet to your clients, you need to specify the table at which it will be used:
- On the tablet: Open the POS and log in with your username and password.
- On the opening screen with tables, press the 'eMenu' button under the respective table.
- Now the tablet has been activated for this table and you can hand it to the clients.
- Note: The current user is logged out automatically, so that a client is unable to get access to the POS (through the back button, for example).
Preparation of the tablet for next clients at the same table
- Upon closing a guest bill, click the small Exit link in the lower left part of the page.
Table Change on the Tablet. If the tablet is activated for a given table, however, you wish to hand it to clients at another table :
- In the eMenu, go to the lower part of the page page and select the small Exit link (below – on the left side).
- Then choose 'Logout' from the opening screen (below – on the left side).
- Note: Remember that this operation will deactivate all the tablets linked to this table.
- Repeat the above activation steps to activate the tablet for another table
Deactivating tablets for a certain table from the POS. If you wish to deactivate the eMenu for tablets at a certain table:
- In the POS, open the screen with tables.
- For tables having eMenu activated, the eMenu button is orange, and it is grey for the rest of tables.
- Click the eMenu button and choose 'Logout' from the eMenu – this will deactivate all tablets linked to this table.
- After the tablet is linked to a certain table, the client should choose:
- 'Open menu' – the button appears if nothing has been ordered at this table yet. OR:
- 'Select your bill' – if an order has already been placed at this table or there are multiple bills at the table.
- The next page contains a list of menu groups (index). A client can directly select from a group of their choosing.
- Next are the pages of each menu group. There are quick buttons for the next and the previous menu group, so that a client can browse the menu. The Menu button is used for returning to the index page.
Selection of Menu Items and Order
- After choosing a menu item, the client can add it to their order through the 'Add to order' button and continue choosing menu items.
- With the selection of menu items, a button appears in the upper left corner for sending or changing the the order.
- Upon the order's sending (it is printed out and appears on the kitchen monitor), the client sees the bill so far. From this screen, the same can enter the menu to place new orders by clicking the Menu button.
It is possible for a logo or another image to be printed out on clients' bills . This provides more opportunities for the customisation and branding of your printouts.
- The Epson printer should have this feature. Check in the provider's specification, whether it is possible.
- The logo can be present on both printouts concerning a client: order and bill. Different images can appear on these two printouts (for example, a more compact image for an order printout).
In order to set up a printer:
- Images are to be stored in the printer's memory through the Epson software (TM-T88V Utility)
- Select 'Storing Logos' - 'Add'.
- Select a picture file and confirm.
- Set up the various parameters of the image to your liking. Confirm.
- Remember the two numbers in the Decimal Number fields, because you will need them for the next steps. They are 32 and 32 by default.
- If you wish different images to appear on orders and bills, load two images.
In order to set up the POS:
- Open 'Management' - 'Printers'
- Open the respective printer.
- If you wish to have an picture printed out in the fields of 'Order logo key1' and 'Order logo key2' of an order, fill in the first and the second number from above for the respective image (they are 32 and 32 by default).
- If you wish to have an image printed out in the fields of 'Bill logo key1' and 'Bill logo key2' of a bill, fill in the first and the second number from above for the respective image (they are 32 and 32 by default).
- A new right to access to reports. The new right is automatically given to all users having had access to the POS and the Settings right.
- Menu Items – Deletion of Multiple Items. The new feature is available in the list of menu items ('Management' - 'Menu Items')
- The Cashier Closure operation has been optimised and now you can perform it faster.