Booking - Rate and City Tax
Clock PMS helps you save time when creating a booking through the use of 'Rate' and 'Manual price' to set a room rate. 'Rate' uses the pre-set room rates. 'Manual Price' enables you to quickly enter a particular room price manually. See how below:
To see how to set rates in advance, go to Rate Plans.
Select a rate from one of the four possible rate groupings:
- 'Company / match booking' includes rates associated with the company selected for the booking and matching its room type and meals.
- 'Company / other' includes rates associated with the company selected for the booking, but not matching its room type and meals.
- 'Match booking' includes rates matching the booking room type and meals.
- 'Other' includes rates not matching the booking room type and meals.
- 'Save' to apply the rate.
Besides the Rate, another way to easily set the room price is through the 'Manual Price' option. On the booking edit screen, click the 'Manual price' button:
- Fill in the value of the price. To have multiple manual prices, enter each of them in a separate line (clicking 'Enter' after each manual price value).
- Select the manual price currency.
- Select the 'City tax mode' to be applied. Read more about the city tax mode below.
- 'Save' to apply the rate.
Manual Price Specifics:
- If the price is one and the same for the whole stay, the room price posted for each day of a stay is the same.
- If several manual prices are entered, the room charges are posted in the order of the manual prices. If the number of manual prices is less than the one of the days of a stay, the room rate selected for a booking is used for the days with no manual price set, and if there is no rate chosen, you cannot proceed with the creation of a booking.
- The entered manual price is stored and automatically maintained, i.e. with the change to the stay, the respective room charges are voided or added up.
- If a rate with package elements is selected for a booking, its manual price can be broken down to package elements.
- City tax is more flexibly defined: A city tax mode can be expressly set. If no mode is chosen, the mode of the rate itself, if any, is used.
- The 'Re-Post' functionality can also be used for bookings with a manual price, as it complies with the manual price.
Tip: If you want to have package elements and tax codes for bookings with a manual price, you should create and use a special rate for this purpose. Within this rate, add all the desired package elements and fill in the necessary fields, including the tax code. The rate's price should be left 0 initially, as it will actually be set through the manual price option.
With 'Manual Price' or 'Rate' selected, the room charges for each night are posted automatically, along with the 'City tax' charges, depending on the selected 'City Tax' method as follows:
No City Tax
– no city tax will be applied to the room price.
Extra, Separate charge
– the city tax will be applied to the room price and shown as a separate charge on a guest's folio.
Included, Joint charge
– the city tax will be included in the room price amount set in the upper field. The amount of the tax-included price will be shown as a clarification note to the room charge. Also you can track the amount of the calculated City Tax in the Charge Modifier Report.
Included, Separate charge
– the city tax will be included in the room price amount set in the upper field, but on a guest's folio two separate charges will be shown – a recalculated room price and the city tax, as their sum total will be equal to the amount set in the 'Price' field.