The Promotions feature in Clock POS can be used to manage the Happy Hour and various other promotions. The functionality will automate the process, facilitating your staff while preventing any mistakes. With this functionality, the promotional prices of selected menu items activated without an operator's intervention.
How to create
To set up your promotions in Clock POS, go to 'Management ' at the top right corner of the screen.
Then select 'Promotions'.
To create a new promotion / happy hour, click the 'New' button at the top right corner.
On the next screen, fill in the fields to specify the promotion details:
- 'Name': Type in the name of the promotion, e.g. 'Happy hour'
Set when this promotion/happy hour is to be activated through the fields of:
- 'From date' and 'To date' defining the start and end date of the happy hour. (From and To dates are included).
- 'Start time': the exact time when the Happy Hour menu will automatically be activated on the Clock POS main screen.
- 'End time': the exact time when the system will automatically deactivate the happy hour menu and return to the standard menu prices.
- 'Weekdays': Select the days of the week on which the happy hour to be applicable.
Please note that the filters defined work together (the operator among them is 'AND'), as you can use a custom combination of parameters, i.e.:
- If you only fill in 'Start time', 'End time', this will activate the promotion for any day within the time range set.
- If you add Monday, too, it will activate the promotion only on Mondays within the time range set.
- If you also add 'From date', 'To date', this will activate the promotion for the time range selected on the Mondays within the period selected.
- Please note that if you don't fill in any of these fields, the promotion will be active all the time.
Once you define all the parameters of the promotion, just click 'Create'.
Add menu items
In order to add menu items to the promotion – use the 'Add' button. Choose the item to add by searching for it by name and set its promotional price. Repeat these steps for all the items you would like to add to the promotion/happy hour.
How to edit a promotional item
To edit an promotional item, e.g. its price, go to menu 'Management ' - 'Promotions ' and click on the respective promotion name or select 'Open' next to it. Find the desired item and click on its 'Edit' button. Then make the necessary changes and use the blue 'Update' button to save the changes made.
Edit of promotion details
To change the period, start/end time or the specific days of an already created promotion, just go to 'Management ' - 'Promotions '. On the next screen, click on the respective promotion name / 'Open' button and select the white 'Edit' button at the top right corner.
How to delete items from a promotion
To delete an item, go to 'Management ' - 'Promotions '. Then click on the respective promotion name and select its 'Delete' button.
Delete the whole promotion
In case you create a promotion by mistake or it is too old and you just want to delete it, you can quickly do so from menu 'Management ' - 'Promotions ' - 'Delete' button next to the promotion to be deleted.
Good to know
You can create multiple promotions to be simultaneously active (overlap) or have different time ranges.
In the event of overlapping promotions and if they have common menu items (the menu items are part of both promotions), the lowest active price for an item will be used.
You can also use this Promotions feature to set prices for a certain time period, even increased ones.