The folio is the guest account or hotel bill. If open, you can post charges and payments from guests, companies and non-residents to the folio (hotel bill). When closing folios, you can make these guest accounts invoices and no more charges can be added to them. Clock PMS also lets you perform multiple other operations with the folios.
1. New Folio
1.1. Booking folios
With the creation of a booking, a corresponding folio is also generated in the Rate and Folios section of the booking screen. With a room rate set for the booking, Clock PMS automatically calculates and posts the room charges for the stay of the guest to this folio, you can also create additional folios:
Click the Add Folio button on the booking screen
- The number of folios to be created for a booking is unlimited.
1.2. Company folios
You can create company folios, i.e. folios associated with companies, and use them the way you use booking folios:
- Open a company profile
In the Folio section, click the Add Folio button
- You can use these folios to post payments and charges associated with this company
1.3. Non-resident folios
Clock PMS allows you to create folios for non-resident guests of the hotel, i.e. not staying at your hotel:
- Click the navigation bar 'Other' button
- Select 'Non-Resident Folios'
On the External client folios screen, click 'Add Folio' to create a new folio
- Now you can charge non-resident guests and record payments from them
2. Folio Closing
In Clock PMS, it is very easy to create an invoice or closed bill, you just need to close the open folio, as no more charges can be added or changed. After closing, the folio becomes a document.
- Open the guest's folio to be closed
- Click the Issue button
- Select 'Close Folio (Invoice)' to have also an invoice with all its requisites issued, OR:
Choose 'Close Folio (without Invoice)' to close the folio without issuing an invoice, making it a closed bill
- You can keep track of all closed folios for a certain period from 'Control' – 'Closed Folios Report'
In Clock PMS, there is also automatic closing of the folios of a booking with its checkout. Upon the checkout of a booking, you are prompted to allow the automatic closing of the folios of this booking. The user can choose whether to close or leave them open.
3. Folio Sending
3.1. Folio Preview, Printing and Sending
With Clock PMS, you can preview and send open or closed folios/invoices:
- On the folio screen, click the Preview button
- Select the language for the folio to be displayed in
On the folio's preview screen:
- Click the View button to choose a detailed or grouped mode of folio display
- Click the Print button to print the open or closed folio/invoice
Use the Send button to email the open or closed folio/invoice
- The open folio can be used as a proforma invoice
- Click the Save as PDF button to export the open or closed folio/invoice as a PDF file to be printed and sent
3.2. Folio Batch Printing
You can print not only a single open or closed folio/invoice but a batch of open or closed folios/invoices:
- Click 'Booking' in the navigation bar
- Choose 'Departures'
- On the Departures screen, click 'Select Multiple'
- Select the bookings containing the open or closed folios/invoices to be printed
- Click the Folios button and choose 'Print Preview'
Click the Print button
- You can also print a batch of folios from the Arrivals, In Hotel, Search Booking screens
3.3. Self Service Portal
You can save time and costs by advising your guests that they can use the Self Service Portal to check their bill and save the closed folios/invoices as PDF files. The guest should only follow these steps:
- Use the Self Service Portal PIN or link on their booking confirmation e-mail
- Select a closed folio/invoice
- On the closed folio/invoice screen, click the Save as PDF button
3.4. Post-Departure Emails
You can use post-departure emails to remind your guests to use the Self Service Portal to save their closed folio/invoice as PDF files, following the above steps.
4. Folio Voiding
If the a closed folio/invoice is incorrect, you can void the entire folio:
- Click the Issue button on the folio screen and select 'Void'
- 'Confirm void'
5. Corrections to Closed Folios/Invoices
In Clock PMS, there are several options to make corrections to closed folios/invoices. You can duplicate the closed folio/invoice into a new open folio:
- Open a closed folio
- Click the Issue button and select 'Duplicate'
- On the newly created duplicate folio, make the necessary changes related to the charges and payments
- Return to the closed folio/invoice and void it
b) Correction folios
Clock PMS also lets you create credit and debit folios through correction folios. The Correction folios section appear on the screens of voided or closed folios/invoices, but these folios can only be used for closed folios/invoices:
- In this section of closed folios, click the Add Correction Folio button
- Open the created correction folio and post the needed positive or negative charges
- A debit or credit folio is created
c) Full Correction
Use the Full Correction feature to create a correction folio, which is a copy of a closed folio/invoice with inverse values:
- Open a closed folio/invoice
- Click the Issue button and select 'Full correction'
- The created correction folio becomes effective after its closing and is a credit folio/invoice to the whole closed folio/invoice