Charging a service to a guest folio requires several fields to be filled each time: Service date, Charge text, Price and Currency, Tax%, Revenue group, etc.
To speed-up the charging process and to eliminate the errors you can set up Charge templates. With a charge template all data except the service date can be defined in advance. Then a service can be charged to a folio with just one click.
If any required fields are missing in the charge template, the user will be prompted to fill them during charging. This can be useful for charges with flexible prices, like phone charges, restaurant bills, etc. For such charges leave the price empty and fill the rest of the fields.
Create and Edit charges
- In the main menu select 'Other' - 'Settings' - 'Charge templates'
- Select 'Add' or 'Edit'.
- Text. Required. This is the text of the charge.
- Revenue group. This is a required field.
- Revenue category. Optional.
- Template group. Optional. It Can be used to group charge templates in convenient groups. For example: Group all charge templates from the SPA department in one group. To charge a service there, first select 'SPA' and a list of all SPA charge templates will appear. Enter the text of a new group or select an existing one from the list.
- Price and Currency. This is a required field and will be requested if left blank.
- Quantity. Optional. You can set a quantity to be charged, when it is important for the charges posted. Such charges are: the ones for minibar articles or newspapers.
- Tax. Enter the tax percentage here. If this field is left empty and your tax policy requires taxes, the information will be requested on charging.
- Save. Done.
Room Type Auto-Charge Templates
With this feature you can set and automate the one-time or daily posting of given charges depending on the booking room type. Here is how:
- First, set up the necessary charge templates by going to 'Settings' - 'Charge Template'.
- In the 'Room Type auto-charge templates' section on the Charge Template screen, click the Edit button next to each room type and select which charges to be automatically posted. You can also define whether an auto-charge template to be a one-time or daily one.
Now depending on the room type of the created booking, the selected charge templates are automatically added to the Daily Charges section of the booking.
- Room type auto-charge templates are not visible on the new booking screen. These charges will automatically be added AFTER the booking saving.
- You can easily remove any of these templates at a later stage by simply unticking its checkbox in the Daily Charges section of the booking.
- 'Room type auto-charge templates' are automatically posted regardless of where a booking is created: WRS, channel manager, based on an enquiry, file import or from the API.
Use capacity counters to spread the restrictions on sales of extra services of limited availability to all modules of Clock PMS+. Apart from the Rate Availability Screen, these limitations are also reflected in the Web Reservation system, the Channel Manager, the Upsell Module, as well as in the API.
- Go to 'Settings' – 'Charge Templates' and open the Edit screen of the respective charge template you need to create a capacity counter for.
- Click the New button next to the Capacity counter field.
- In the pop-up window, enter the name and desired capacity for the new counter. Save.
- The newly created capacity counter is assigned to the charge template. Now it can also be selected for other charge templates through the Capacity counter field drop-down menu on their Edit screens.
Sell one and the same availability at different prices
The counters define the daily capacity. One counter can be linked to multiple different charge templates or rate package elements. This way several charge templates can draw from a common capacity. For example, you can define one counter "Parking Lot" and assign it to multiple charge templates to sell your parking spaces at different prices such as "Car Parking Space", "Bus Parking Space", "VIP Parking Space", etc.
Different capacity counters for individual package elements
You can assign a capacity counter to any package element. Different counters can also be used for individual package elements, e.g. breakfast for the one of the elements, and SPA - for another one. The availability of such a package will be the lesser one of the two elements. In other words, if you have 20 available breakfasts and 10 spa procedures, the whole package availability will be 10. If you wish to control the number of sold packages for the purposes of the revenue management, you can add an additional element to the package at a zero price whose availability to track.