The Integration links your Clock PMS Suite account and your QuickBooks Online company. This interface is designed to automate and simplify the accounting process by syncing invoices, credit notes, payments, and related data to QuickBooks Online. Please note this is a one-way sync, where data from Clock PMS Suite will be updated in QuickBooks Online. Any updates made in QuickBooks Online will not be synced back to Clock PMS Suite.
In order to use the interface, the QuickBooks Online add-on should be activated for your account. If the add-on is not activated, please send email an email to .
- Chart of Accounts in QuickBooks Online. Set up your Sales/Revenue accounts, Payment/Bank accounts in QuickBooks Online before beginning integration. These accounts will be required while configuring accounts as part of the integration setup;
- Disable the "Automatically Apply Credits" option in QuickBooks Online. The "Automatically Apply Credits" option should be disabled from Settings > Accounts Settings > Advanced > Automation > Automatically Apply Credits. This option is to ensure that QuickBooks Online does not apply credits automatically;
- Enable "Custom Transaction Numbers" from Settings > Accounts & Settings > Sales > Sales Form Content to ensure the invoice, credit note numbers are used as generated in Clock PMS Suite. Additionally if you are generating invoices manually in QuickBooks Online, the Invoice number sequence will not be disturbed.
Configure the interface from Other > Settings > Quickbooks Settings ing the Advanced Settings section and include the following steps:
- Select QuickBooks Authorize to allow Clock PMS Suite to communicate with your QuickBooks Online account;
- Provide your QuickBooks Online account credentials and select the company which you want to receive data from Clock PMS Suite. On the next screen, confirm the connection with the Connect button;
- Authorize success message will be displayed when the connection is successfully created and you need to select the Continue button to proceed with the connection configuration;
- The export form setting allows you to define the start date from which the documents will be exported (you can specify both future and past days depending on your needs);
- Document types - Select which document types to be exported to QuickBooks Online;
- Expense account map - When you make a refund (register a negative payment) in Clock PMS Suite it will be transferred as expense to QuickBooks Online and you need to select an expense account to be used for each currency you use in Clock PMS Suite;
- Tax map - You can map the different taxes used in Clock PMS Suite and their respective tax codes from QuickBooks Online. You need to configure the default tax at least;
- Payment types - You can specify the payment type and the QuickBooks Online account where the different payment types and currency combinations will be accounted for. Configure the default payments at least;
- Revenue group - When the documents are transferred to QuickBooks Online the proper items should be used. Here you can specify which QuickBooks Online items to be used for the charges included in the invoice based on their Revenue group and category.
How it works
You can export data to QuickBooks Online from Other > Reports > Data Export > Quickbooks Export and click on the Export button. Clock PMS Suite will export data to QuickBooks Online for the period since your last export till now. If this is your first export the period start date will be the one you have configured in the interface settings. If you need to skip a period you can set new start date which will be used instead of the date of the last export session.
The following Clock PMS Suite operations will be transferred to QuickBooks Online:
- Close folio: When a new document from the types you have selected for transfer is issued it will result as new Invoice in QuickBooks Online;
Close correction folio:
Clock PMS Suite handles two types of correction folios (positive and negative):
- Positive correction folios will be transferred as new invoices.
- Negative correction folios are transferred as Credit notes. In the Private note section of the credit note you can find information about the credited invoice. If the value of the correction folio is equal or greater than the amount due of the credited invoice the credit note will be automatically associated with the credited invoice in QuickBooks Online.
- Folio Void: When you void a folio in Clock PMS Suite, it will also be voided in QuickBooks Online. If the voided folio is already paid, the related payment will also be voided. Please note credit note VOID is not supported by the QuickBooks Online API and if you void a negative correction folio, it should be processed manually.
- Payment: Payments are only transferred to QuickBooks Online after the closing of the related folio. The payments collected prior to the folio closure will be exported along with the folio when closed. All payments posted to closed folios will be exported accordingly with the next export session.
- Negative value payment: When you register a negative payment to a folio, it is also transferred to QuickBooks Online. Since QuickBooks Online doesn’t support negative value payments, they will be created as Expenses.
- Payment void: For various reasons you may need to void a payment in Clock PMS Suite. Positive payment void will also be transferred to QuickBooks Online. If you decide to void negative payment, the related expense created in QuickBooks Online will also be deleted.
Specifics and limitations
Due to QuickBooks Online specifics, some logics and limitations exist and you will have to take them in to consideration when you use the interface:
- Each customer in QuickBooks Online can use just one currency. Since you may have multiple currencies in Clock PMS Suite and use them for each one of your customers, we have implemented the following logic for customer recognition and creation in QuickBooks Online. Prior to the transfer of customer data (documents, payments) to QuickBooks Online, we first check if the Customer number and the currency used (Company LTD/USD for example) exist, and if so, we will use it for the transfer. If the customer is not found, we will create a new customer in QuickBooks Online and use it.
- Credit note VOID is not supported by the QuickBooks Online API and it should be processed manually;
- Since the payments in QuickBooks Online must be in the currency of the invoice, you will need to only register payments in the currency of the folio in Clock PMS Suite;
- Payments transferred between folios in Clock PMS Suite are not processed;
- When you register a negative payment in Clock PMS Suite, it will appear as Expense in QuickBooks Online. If you decide to void such a payment, it will be deleted from QuickBooks Online because void of Expenses is not supported.
- If you use deposit folios in Clock PMS Suite, the payments registered in the deposit folios will be transferred to QuickBooks Online as well as the close of the deposit folio. Due to structure differences in Clock PMS Suite and QuickBooks Online deposits transfers to folios are not handled and need to be matched manually in QuickBooks Online!
- In some cases a rounding differences may occur due to amount recalculations after they have been exported to QuickBooks Online;